The Wymiarki Glassworks is situated in southwestern part of
Żaganski district next to international route A-4 from Wroclaw to Berlin.
Most people of our district work in glassworks.
Tradition of the glassworks has begun in Middle Ages. The art
of glass processing has been improved for years and in 1657 our glassworks
came into existence. The owner of Żaganskie Duchy - Wacław Euzebiusz von
Lobkovitz was the founder. The establishment of the glassworks caused the
improvement of glass trade in this region, thanks to quartz sand (silica) as
main raw material for commercial glass production. It the end of the 17th
century glassmakers could not leave the territory of Lower Silesia because
products of this field were precious all over the Europe.
In a such small village like Wymiarki worked five glassworks in
that days, producing clear and colored glass: jars, bottles, feeding bottles,
flasks, lampshades for paraffine lamps and many others.
After the merge of two glassworks “Hadrian” and “Augusta”, one
and big glasswork came into existence. The Wymiarki Glassworks, joint stock
company, continues the old tradition. Till 1988 it was a part of Żagańskie
Huty Szkła (Żagańskie Glassworks), since then, big changes and
transformations in the country let our company privatize, first as a limited
liability company and after that as a joint stock company.
The Wymiarki Glassworks is a company with family capital, is a
leader of jars for food and agricultural industry and grave lights glass